Spend the Summer with Love Ridge!
Summer is cooler in the mountains!
Whether you’re looking to escape to the wilderness of the Blue Ridge Mountains, or looking for summertime festivals the whole family can enjoy, Love Ridge is the perfect place to stay. Even on those warmer days, the Sherando Lake and the Tye River are always there to refresh you, but if your appetite is trending more toward the social, there are many events near Love Ridge Mountain Lodging to choose from this summer.
Here are our top summertime event picks!
- USA Cycling National Championships – June 29-July 2. Stay at Love Ridge and pop over to Roanoke for the day to see the best amateur bike racers in the US.
- The Nelson County Farmer’s Market–every Saturday morning May-October in Nellysford. Choose from an abundance of produce, meats and prepared foods. Enjoy some music under the tent.
- Hill Top Berry Farm Annual Blackberry Harvest and Music Festival–August 6. Hill Top has many events throughout the summer, but this is a favorite!
- The Wintergreen Summer Music Festival–July 6-31, Wintergreen Resort. An array of classical music presented during this long running music series.
5. Shenandoah Valley Kennel Club Dog Show–June 9-12, Augusta County Expo. Adorable dogs doing amazing things.
6. Low Country Boil at Blue Mountain Barrel House – July 3rd.
7. Red Wing Roots Music Festival – June 24-26 in nearby Mt. Solon. A family friendly festival in a beautiful natural setting. Go for the whole weekend or snag one of the day tickets when they go on sale.
8. Wade’s Mill -10am-12pm on Saturdays and Sundays watch the operation of the historic milling system invented in 1790!
9. Sunset Saturdays at 12 Ridges Vineyard -second Saturday of the month. Enjoy live music, wine and the most incredible panoramic view of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
10. Lockn’ Music Festival – usually in late August dates aren’t announced yet, but Lockn’ always has awesome bands.