Frequently Asked Questions
All You Need to Know for Your Blue Ridge Cabin Vacation
Our vacation rentals have everything you need for your upcoming vacation! Our Blue Ridge Parkway cabins in Virginia are the perfect escape for two or an extended family getaway of up to twelve guests. Please see our frequently asked guest questions below.
Self check-in is at your cabin after 4:00pm with a lockbox code provided two days before check-in or immediately if booking less than two days in advance. Please proceed directly to your cabin/campsite upon arrival.
Self check-out is at or before 11:00am. Please leave your key in the lockbox upon departure. If an earlier check-in or check-out is desired, we are happy to accommodate you, however we will not know if this is possible until the day of your arrival/day of your departure. Please contact us at that time and we will let you know.
Yes, you can check-in at any time after 4:00pm, however we recommend arriving in the daylight especially if it is your first visit to Love Ridge. Campers must arrive before dark to set up camp. If you arrive after 9:00pm please ensure that you have your cabin number, location and lockbox code as we may not be available by phone after 9:00pm. Please be respectful of other guests.
- Please bring your personal care items, such as a toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, body or face wash, shaving blades, and deodorant.
- You will want to bring food and snacks with you as the cabin will not be stocked with food items besides cooking oil and basic spices.
- We ask that guests remove their outdoor shoes when entering the cabins. We recommend bringing your slippers with you.
- If you are staying in a pet-friendly cabin and are bringing your pet, please bring towels and bedding for your animal.
- Don’t forget to bring your bathing suit if your cabin has a hot tub!
All bed linens and towels are provided for cabin stays. Campers will need to bring their own towels or contact us to rent a towel.
For pull-out beds, sofa beds, and futons, an additional set of pillows, sheets, and blankets can be found in the bedroom closet.
- Our cabins come stocked with paper towels, toilet paper, and a broom and dustpan.
- Hand soap, dish soap, and bar soap are also provided.
- A fresh dish towel and new dish sponge will be left for you on the counter.
- A dish rack, as well as extra trash bags and recycling bags, can be found under the sink.
The cabins have a television with a DVD player that is perfect for watching movies. Glamping rooms do not have TVs. We do not have cable or satellite service.
Small outdoor fires can be made in the outdoor fire rings only and should only be made from dead and downed wood from around the property. Fire rings can be found outdoors near your cabin and should not be moved. Collect only dead wood that is on the ground. You should not cut branches off live trees. Fires must be completely out before heading to bed or leaving the property. Many forest fires are caused by abandoned campfires that were not completely out. Please exercise extreme caution.
At Love Ridge Mountain Lodging we believe your four-legged friend also deserves a Blue Ridge Mountain vacation. When you book one of our four pet-friendly cabins, your furry companion can be alongside you as you rest or adventure. View our pet friendly cabins. Well behaved pets are allowed in the campsites. A limit of two dogs per site will be enforced.
Pets are to be kept leashed and never left unattended. Please bag all pet waste and dispose of it properly. Be mindful of other guests and other pets. Pet owners will be held responsible for any damage or harm caused by their pets. Pet Policies
The minimum age requirement to rent a cabin is 21 years of age. The person making the reservation must be one of the guests who occupies and remains with the rental group throughout their stay. Parents are not to call for minors as all guests will be asked for proof of age.
- Smoking and vaping is only permitted outside of the cabin and away from open windows and doors. There is no smoking allowed anywhere inside of the cabins and there shall be a $300 additional cleaning fee if there is an odor of smoke anywhere inside the cabin. If smoking occurs outside, the Guest shall properly dispose of all smoking materials.
- No glitter, confetti, or loose décor (with the exception of silk petals) are allowed in the cabins. An additional cleaning fee will be incurred if these items are used in the cabin. We do not permit the affixing of anything to the walls, floors, or ceilings of our cabins.
- Due to the risk of fire, we do not permit guests to burn candles indoors or outdoors at any rental property.
- Firearms, fireworks, and ATVs are strictly prohibited and are not permitted at any rental property. If evidence is found that guests have used these items on the property, the guest will be fined a minimum of $300 per instance depending on the circumstances. Guests will also be responsible for any damages resulting from the use of prohibited items. ATVs should not be parked or stored at Love Ridge.
Items that are left behind by guests will be held in our storage area for up to 7 days and then donated.
If you think you left something in the cabin, please contact us as soon as possible.
In order to return the item to you, we charge a flat $25 fee which covers any associated packing and shipping costs. Larger items may cost more to package and ship and costs are accordingly billed to the guest.
Cancellations that are made more than 14 days prior to the arrival date will be assessed a 5% administration fee of the booking deposit, and then shall be refunded the balance of the deposit.
Cancellations within 14 days of the check-in date will result in a loss of 100% of all monies paid.
View the full cancellation policy.
There is WiFi service across the entire Love Ridge campus, however data is not unlimited. Please limit your streaming when possible and don’t stream when you aren’t watching. Consider downloading movies/TV in advance of your stay or streaming on Standard Definition (SD).
T-Mobile cellular service is very good as is AT&T. Verizon service is very limited and tends to only work when walking up the ridge on our hiking trail.
There is no local trash or recycling pick up. As this is a wild environment, trash/recycling cannot be left outside. Please keep trash inside of your cabin and we will collect it after you have checked out.
If you have trash/recycling that you need to take out of your cabin, there is an enclosed area in the red shed next to the old country store & main building. Please make sure to put it inside the enclosed area and secure the door. Please contact us if you need assistance.
Aluminum cans, metal cans, mixed paper and cardboard, glass are all recyclable and can be placed in the large blue bin. Non-recyclable trash goes in the green bin.
The Sherando transfer center is the closest place to bring excess trash. The address is 1865 Mt. Torry Road, Lyndhurst, VA 22952
Plan to stay, eat, and play in Love, Virginia!
20-Minute Cliff Overlook
The rock face below the overlook serves the people of White Rock as a way of measuring time. During the months of June and July the sun drops behind the mountains 20 minutes after sunlight hits the rock, enabling locals to tell time by the sun.
Directions from Love Ridge
Crabtree Falls is one of the tallest sets of waterfalls in the United States east of the Mississippi River. It is located in the George Washington National Forest.
Directions from Love Ridge
Love Ridge Blue Ridge Mountain Guide
Love Ridge Activity Guide
Check out some of the following trails on Google:
White Rock Falls
Devil’s Knob Overlook
Nelson 151 Trail
Bike Rental- We rent e-bikes at Love Ridge!
Local grocery and convenience stores nearby:
The Market at Wintergreen Resort
189 Mountain Inn Loop, Roseland, VA 22967
Blue Ridge Grocery IGA
2797 Rockfish Valley Hwy, Nellysford, VA 22958
Montebello Country Store
15072 Crabtree Falls Hwy, Montebello, VA 24464
The Farmer's Daughter
2773 Rockfish Valley Hwy, Nellysford, VA 22958
Larger chain stores on I-64 in Waynesboro:
Target, Walmart, Aldi, Martin’s, Smart Shopper Grocery Outlet, Kroger, Family Dollar
Augusta Health General Hospital
78 Medical Center Dr, Fishersville, VA 22939
(540) 332-4000 [Open 24 Hours]
Augusta Health Urgent Care
201 Lew Dewitt Blvd A, Waynesboro, VA 22980
(540) 245-7940 [8:00am-7:00pm]
Augusta Health Urgent Care
2570 Stuarts Draft Hwy #100, Stuarts Draft, VA 24477
(540) 245-7880 [8:00am-7:00pm]
Ladd Auto & Truck Repair
4633 Stuarts Draft Hwy, Waynesboro, VA 22980
Walmart Auto Care Center
116 Lucy Ln, Waynesboro, VA 22980
Take 5 Oil Change
2000 Rosser Ave, Waynesboro, VA 22980
Mr. Tire Auto Service Center
2400 W Main St, Waynesboro, VA 22980
2217 W Main St, Waynesboro, VA 22980
O’Reilly Auto Parts
2111 W Main St, Waynesboro, VA 22980